Something occured to me while I was reading yet another email bashing the Republicans who are resisting the stimulus. Supporters of the stimulus claim that the only way to get the economy going is for the government to spend lots of money.
But isn't that what got us here in the first place? The federal budget expanded to over 3 trillion dollars during the Bush administration. Now suddenly the solution to the economy going into the tank is more of the government spending that got us here in the first place?
I'm not seeing it.
Midterms: Peril for Trump, Senate in Play
-
Michael Tomasky of *The New Republic* predicts a "tidal wave" against Trump
in this fall's midterms.
I am skeptical of a tidal wave: Gerrymandering will mu...
2 weeks ago
Yeah, it is funny that Obama says that GOP resistance to the stimulus is an example of tired failed policies. The tired old policy that caused this mess is best epitomized by the Fed, the FDIC and Fannie/Freddie, all getting together to stimulate the economy.
ReplyDelete